Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

24 May 2014



Feature and Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Head over to their blogs to check them out. 

Feature and Follow is exactly what it says… a weekly feature of two chosen blogs, and a question or a task for us to participate in. 


This week's featured blogs are : Orange Owls and Books and  Geeky Chiquitas
so check them out as well

The aim is to get new followers to your blog and, of course, follow other blogs out there and get to know other bloggers, browse their blogs, leave comments and find stuff which interests you. For me, apart from books of course, this is what book blogging is all about - connect with others and chat about our favourite hobby.

The rules are all explained here in detail by Parajunkee.



And this week's question:

Have you ever convinced someone to read a book, a series, or a whole genre? What book(s) and who was it? Did they like it?

It's quite sad really, but no-one in my family is an avid reader. Hubby doesn't read, but he is a big movie geek (which I'm not, I hardly watch TV and don't have the patience for a 1,5 hour movie, in fact I will probably take a book out whilst watching LOL). My two boys (aged 20 and 18) are not great readers. The younger one is dyslexic as well, though he did try Lord of the Rings because he loves the movies and I'm trying to get him to read Game of Thrones because he loves the series- massive books unfortunately. My 15 year old daughter would read occasionally, I keep giving her books LOL. She is into music a lot and plays guitar/violin and sings in a band so she tells me :Mum I've got no time for it :( 

My place of work is not very big (all together, there is 15 permanent staff members and about 10 occasional workers) but at least one of my colleagues loves to read crime. I did give her Apple Tree Yard which she is reading at the moment, but she didn't like Gone Girl (says she gave up after 3 chapters …)

So, all in all, I'm not very successful at convincing! 


Yours, 
Peggy x