Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

28 March 2014
Feature and Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Head over to their blogs to check them out. 

Feature and Follow is exactly what it says… a weekly feature of two chosen blogs, and a question or a task for us to participate in. 


This week's featured blogs are : Monique @ Mo Books  and Nikita @ NJ Kinny 
so check them out as well.

The aim is to get new followers to your blog and, of course, follow other blogs out there and get to know other bloggers, browse their blogs, leave comments and find stuff which interests you. For me, apart from books of course, this is what book blogging is all about - connect with others and chat about our favourite hobby.

The rules are all explained here in detail by Parajunkee.



This week:
Snap it Time! A picture is worth a thousand words. Anything and anything. Just give us a pic

Snap time? Ok, I went out in my lunch hour today today to take a few snaps right outside the front door of my place of work. And…. I thought I can give you a bit of literary history about the English writer Charles Dickens. The street were I work is located in the London Borough of Southwark, and right next to our office court building is the old prison wall of Marshalsea Prison.  Dickens' father John was imprisoned there in 1824 for dept, and it made a lasting impression on Charles Dickens. A few of his books feature this prison, and his book 'Little Dorrit' is wholly set there. 


This is the wall of the old prison (only the wall remains), and the building with the green windows is actually the court where I work (you can see my co-worker's car :) 






And here are some plaques on the footpath leading through the alleyway. 











Hope you enjoyed my little journey into history 

Peggy x 


This is a Blog Hop!


You are next... Click here to enter
This list will close in 5 days, 20 hrs, 11 min (4/2/2014 11:59 PM North America - Central Standard Time)

What is a blog hop?
Get the code here...